Thursday, January 15, 2015

Hello World

Welcome to lolofi. This blog will be my site for archiving DIY kits I've built for my own modular synths and guitar effects. These rage from simple electronic circuits with just one or two chips to some Arduino audio projects I've put together. There are a few circuit bent projects I use as well. This site will mostly archive those projects cause I've been terrible at keeping up with my own notes and research in my journals.

Let me explain where I'm coming from when it comes to making music. I like to experiment. I've been striving to create a tone and layering of sounds that is unique. I care far less about a player's ability than how they put the pieces together. A song with 3 chords can be more inspirational to me that someone that can play overly complex arrangements without a glitch. I also tend to like music that is not overly produced and you can hear the imperfections. No auto-tune for me!

My current setup involves a few modular synths, analog and digital drum machines, an arsenal of guitar pedals, feedback loops, and some software that lets me do almost infinite guitar loops live. I'll share more about this set up later since several of the effects I use are all DIY and can be built in a few hours at most with very little electronics background.





2 comments: